This is a great side dish for all of your BBQ entrees, served with Doc’s Fusion Fuel. Recipe provided by Kay Rice.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp mustard seed whole
- pinch of salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 14 ounces shredded cabbage, hand cut to small strips.
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrot (optional; shred carrot using a vegetable peeler to make small, fine ribbons)
- 1/4 of a small red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp of green jalapeno powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of red jalapeno powder (optional)
- 1 red jalapeno diced, seeds removed
- 1 green jalapeno diced, seeds removed
- In small bowl mix apple cider vinegar with sugar until dissolved.
- Add oil, water, salt, mustard seed, celery seed, stir.
- Add diced jalapeno peppers and optional jalapeno powders, stir well
- Add diced onion and shredded carrot.
- Add shredded cabbage, a small amount at a time, stirring into the wet mixture.
- Once all the cabbage is added, sprinkle the top with the ground pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Stir well at time of serving.